Authorized Repository Management
Providing essential base OS repositories, so your developers can focus on more important things (like your application)
You do apps. We’ll handle Docker.
Let’s face it: maintaining Docker images and repositories is a lot of work. It can consume internal resources and distract your developers from working on what’s most important to you (your applications).
That’s why InfoSiftr is offering Authorized Repository Management (ARM). We’re making it possible for you to forget about Docker, by and large, by providing a turnkey solution, including essential base OS repositories, plus drop-in solutions for popular programming language runtimes, data stores, and other services.
We’ll ensure security updates are applied ASAP, keep supported software versions up-to- date, and enable careful review of restrictions / permissions on what can be used and published within your organization.
How ARM Works
Authorized Repositories are a curated set of Docker repositories sanctioned for use by your organization.
They provide essential base OS repositories — plus drop-in solution for popular programming language runtimes, data stores, and other services — that serve as the starting point for the majority of your users. This is similar to what a Platform-as-a-Service (PAAS) would offer, but in your own managed environment.
InfoSiftr has a dedicated team that is responsible for reviewing and publishing all Authorized Repositories content. This team works in collaboration with upstream software maintainers, security experts, the broader open source community, and responsible teams within your organization.
- Develop and maintain dedicated images for the proprietary services of your organization’s application stack
- Manage these Dockerfiles and provide clear documentation to serve as a reference for other Dockerfile authors
- Ensure security updates are applied in a timely manner
- Provide a channel to distribute up-to-date and authorized supported software versions throughout your organization (allowing for careful review and restrictions on what can be published and used by the organization at large)
What’s in it for you?
Maintaining images / repositories can be a challenge for any organization and may not be the most effective use of developer time. We specialize in doing this at scale, and can ensure cost effective repository maintenance.
By using Authorized Repositories your users will have:
- Clear documentation on images to avoid common errors
- Help in promoting best practices across the organization
- Images that are designed for the most common use cases to avoid repetitive work
- Consistent software versions being used across your organization